How Long Does The Interior Design Process Take?
Interior design is a process of designing or decorating the interior of any building. This is a continuous process, depending on how broad and detailed the designing plan is. That’s why answering the question of how long the process needs to take is quite changeable according to the design plan.
The interior design process has some fixed stages which help the process to be done in an organized way. The timeline for finishing the process highly depends on these stages. How much time the stages need to be done.
Broadly, we can say that the average time of completing a whole interior design project is 10-12 months. However, planning does matter here.
The main eight stages of the interior design process are
- Communication with the client and knowing their demand
- Form a common language between both side
- Starting to plan the space
- Making the detailed architecture
- Selection and design of the furniture and accessories
- Confirming, buying and commissioning the production of furnishing
- Waiting for all of the parts, examining them, make any improvement or fixing
These were the basic stages, which are needed in every interior design process.
Now let’s have look on the considerations, upon which the timelines for the interior design process broadly depend:
- Size – The bigger you are planning, the more time it will need. That means the size of the project is an important issue. A bigger space with more rooms or specifications will need longer to plan and execute. However, that doesn’t mean putting more designers can give you a fast result. That will only make it confusing and muddle.
- Decision making – The fewer the decision-makers the faster the process proceeds and comes near to the ending. If there are a lot of people advising you and you take more time to choose the right design for you then this can affect the process.
- The designer – Of course it’s important to have the right interior designer or interior design firm. Some of them are not enough committed to their promises. An experienced firm who is adept at adhering to commitments related to the timeline is necessary to have the results fast. You should choose one with established systems and protocols.
So, these were the factors that can have an impact on your design process.
You would be happy to know that the rest of the part of this article will lead you to have an idea of common timelines.
- An apartment with 3 to 4 bedrooms would likely to take 3 to 4 weeks
- A king-sized luxury manor may need 8 to 10 weeks
- In case of the office space with a size up to 5000 sq-ft will need 2 to 3 weeks
- Retail space from small to medium size would take 2 to 3 weeks
As you got a precise idea of the timeline of the interior design process, you can have your one to start. Just choose the designer or the firm wisely and get ready to have a completely new look at your place!